Non-Resident Credit Policy, Explanations and Information
Transfer Equivalency Catalog
Policy - Transfer Credit:
- Only official transcripts from other schools may be used to evaluate and/or award credit.
- New students must request that an official
transcript from ALL previously attended colleges be mailed to
the Admissions Office.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Atlanta GA, 30332-0320
- Current or previously enrolled Georgia Tech students should have the official transcript mailed to:
Georgia Institute of Technology
Office of the Registrar
Atlanta GA, 30332-0315
- The basic policy
regarding the acceptance of the courses by transfer is to allow
credit for courses completed with satisfactory grades (C or
better) in other accredited colleges provided the courses correspond
in time and content to courses offered at the Georgia Institute
of Technology. Georgia Tech assumes responsibility for the academic quality of any work or credit recorded on the institution's transcript. Transfer credits will be accepted from newly-formed institutions of the University System of Georgia prior to accreditation.
- Georgia Tech will NOT award
credit for courses successfully completed
at another institution which were previously taken at Georgia
- A petition to the faculty must
be approved to use course work more than ten years old.
- Georgia Tech reserves the right
to test the proficiency of any student in course work transferred
from other institutions and to disallow credit in courses in which
the student cannot demonstrate acceptable proficiency.
Transfer Credit for Online Courses
Currently, on-line versions of all Lab Science courses, International Affairs, Psychology, Economics and courses equivalent to HIST 2111 and HIST 2112 are not eligible for transfer credit consideration. In most cases mathematics are not eligible for consideration unless sufficient documentation is provided to show the course exams are proctored. If you are interested in taking the on-line versions of mathematics courses that meet this requirement, or have questions regarding this policy, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How To Request Transfer Credit for Courses Not Previously Evaluated:
- Check the online equivalency database for updates. New evaluations are posted daily: https://oscar.gatech.edu/pls/bprod/wwsktrna.P_find_location
- Notify the Registrarís Office Transfer Credit Department of any un-awarded credit by sending an email to email@example.com
- Submit courses for evaluation
Information - Transfer Credit:
- Georgia Tech does not offer correspondence courses and does not grant credit for correspondence courses taken at other institutions. Academic units reserve the right to take such things as delivery method into consideration. For example, on-line courses and computer-instructed courses may not be accepted by some academic units for credit.
- Georgia Tech does not grant credit
for the College Level General Educational Development Tests, USAFI
courses, or courses completed at any United States armed services,
with the exception of the military academies and schools with full
accreditation by a regional accrediting body.
- Georgia Tech does not grant credit for professional certificate programs.
- The following items are among other circumstances
in which non-resident credit is NOT granted:
- Courses previously completed at Georgia Tech.
- College courses taken to meet freshman admissions requirements.
- Remedial courses.
- Courses basically secondary school or pre-college level.
- Courses with essentially non-academic content.
- Vocational courses.
- Learning support courses.
- Non-resident credit is not computed
as a part of the student's grade point average at Georgia
Advanced Placement & International Baccalaureate:
See directions below to view AP and IB equivalencies.
- Go to https://oscar.gatech.edu
- Select the "Transfer Equivalencies" icon
- Select the asterisk (*) from the pull down menu
- Click "Continue" button
- Select your option from the pull down menu
- Click "Get Courses" button
- Once enrolled at Georgia Tech, students are not allowed to take College Board (Advanced
Placement and SAT II), International Baccalaureate or A-Level Examinations for credit.
All examinations must be completed prior the student's enrollment date.† Students who offer satisfactory evidence
that they are qualified to do so may receive credit for a course by examination at Georgia Tech. Such an examination
is called an examination for
Click here for Transfer Equivalency Catalog
Click here for more information on undergraduate transfer credit
Click here for more information on graduate transfer credit